This position is responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns; including social media, website, digital, press releases and print materials.
This is a part-time position that is 20 hours per week, with some flexibility.
The ideal candidate should be well versed with all forms of marketing including press releases, media kits, writing marketing material for the firm, website management and all aspects of digital marketing.
Demonstrate expertise in media relations, including creating and driving media outreach plans, key message development, coordination and management of media events, effective pitching, and provide education and training of spokespersons for media interviews
Draft company communications, including but not limited to press releases, media statements, pitch letters, talking points, key messages for media interviews and social media posts; this requires compiling, researching, and confirming the accuracy of project and/or company information from a variety of sources
Coordinate, facilitate and drive the company’s proactive and reactive media relations to generate positive coverage including developing and distributing press releases, pitching media in the company’s key markets as well as national and trade media, managing and responding to reactive media requests, managing interview requests from start to finish, and prep internal stakeholders for interviews
Education & Experience
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, integrated marketing communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations and/or journalism
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing skills for a variety of audiences and formats (e.g., news releases, web copy, marketing collateral copy, social content) with adherence to AP Style
- Basic knowledge of PR principles and applications of PR to social media strategy.
- Social Media posting across multiple channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media platforms)
- Experience using digital platforms, including social content schedulers, analytics tools and monitoring tools.
- E-Newsletter preparation and familiarity with email platforms
- Familiarity with WordPress-based content management systems as well as the Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Candidates must be able to work on various accounts, support the team (managing both up and down), meet deadlines, have strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Project management skills and event planning experience
- Basic design, photography, video and audio editing skills a plus
PLEASE INCLUDE RESUME AND WRITING SAMPLES WITH APPLICATION.
As copywriting is a key requirement for this role, you will be asked to provide the following writing samples if your application is selected for further review.
- Two press releases or published articles (or one of both)
- At least one social media post (published or speculative); LinkedIn required, additional samples from other platforms optional
- At least one of the following: Prepared media statement, media Q&A as prep for spokesperson’s interview, media pitch letter, newsletter copy, strategic content developed to distribute to key stakeholders or markets
Please email everything to Renee Plain at firstname.lastname@example.org.